How to access a Amazon ec2 instance with FireFTP
[NOTE: Make sure you are running your instance, otherwise this will not work!!]
- Open FireFTP in your web browser. (FireFTP is a handy add-on for Firefox)
- Click the window in the top left corner and select ‘Create New Account’
- Call it whatever you like, but make the ‘host’ the public IP address for your instance.
- Then, in the ‘username’ window, put in ec2-user.
- After that, go into the ‘Connection’ tab.
- Select the ‘Security’ window and change it to ‘SFTP’
- Then select ‘browse’ across from ‘Private Key’ and upload your server key (.pem file)
- Next, hit okay, and repeat step 2 except instead of clicking ‘Create New Account’, click on the account you made.
- Then click ‘connect’.
- If the ‘Enter Login Information’ window appears, hit okay.
- Then another window should show up, and just click okay again.
- There we go! Now you can upload awesome stuff and do all sorts of things with your server!